xmartO RPT20 Wi-Fi Security Cameras Wi-Fi Extender/ Wi-Fi Repeater
A Physical Camera WiFi Repeater to Enhance xmartO Dream Liner WiFi Relay Technology
- In 2015 xmartO released its first 1000ft long range WiFi camera system, a tremendous break-through on 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi devices' coverage.
Yet cameras' Wi-Fi performance is still noticably affected by obstacles, mainly walls especially metal walls.
- To improve Wi-Fi coverage range of xmartO WiFi cameras, in Q3 of 2017 xmartO announced its Dream Liner WiFi Relay Technology, which allows users to set closer cameras as WiFi repeaters for further cameras. That helps a lot of customers with the camera installations.
It is very helpful but it needs some tech-knowledge to plan camera's relay routes and do the settings.
- In Q2 of 2020, xmartO reveals the G3 (generation 3) WiFi camera systems with Auto WiFi Relay Technology. Cameras search nearby cameras automatically and relay back to its NVR (network video recoder, the base unit). No more manual settings required.
Well, if all this is not enough, here is an Auto WiFi repeater/ extender to help your installation further.
This RPT20 camera WiFi repeater helps you to bridge cameras to the NVR if their WiFi signal is insufficient.
- With G3¹ WiFi camera systems, you only need to pair this repeater to the NVR and place it between cameras and NVR. The cameras will connect to it automatically and stream to the NVR.
G3¹: xmartO WiFi camera system with NVR version 3.0.7+, camera version 3.2+.
Tips: the auto searching & connecting will take some time. A camera will seek to connect to the repeater only when its connection to the NVR is too weak to sustain. Please plan your cameras, NVR and the repeater's location reasonably and then be patient to let them auto relay to form working connections.
Boost The WiFi Distance
- With the Dream Liner WiFi Relay Technology in every xmartO WiFi camera system, you can set closer cameras as WiFi repeaters for further cameras.
- G3 xmartO WiFi camera systems do the WiFi Relay automatically, no need to set manually. The Auto WiFi Relay happens among cameras. When a camera has too weak signal to reach the NVR, it will automatically connect to a camera nearby to relay back to the NVR.
- If the software-wise WiFi relay is not enough, this WiFi extender helps further. Pair this repeater to your NVR and then place it at a middle spot, cameras with weak signals will recognize it and relay back tot the NVR.
- Systems with NVR version 3.0.7 or later, camera version 3.2 or later is supported.
Extend WiFi or Join WiFi Camera to Wired NVRs
- The RPT20 WiFi repeater can be placed berween cameras and NVR to extend the WiFi range.
- It can also connect to up to 4 WiFi cameras and then join to a wired xmartO PoE NVR.
- This gives you a lot of flexibility of DIY. Even with an 8CH/ 16CH xmartO wired PoE NVR system, you can feel free to add WiFi cameras to it.
- xmartO has a wide range of WiFi add-n cameras: bullet PTZ cameras, dome PTZ cameras, 2-way audio cameras, PIR human sensing cameras, battery-operated cameras etc.
About Using The Repeater
How to use the Auto WiFi Relay
- This repeater is only needed when a certain camera cannot connect to the NVR on itself; and the camera cannot be relocated to gain better connection. Still, if you are able to change the camera or the NVR's location a bit to get better connection, do it and avoid this repeater.
Step 1 - Pair the repeater to NVR
Bring the repeater close to the NVR, hold sync button for 10 seconds, repeater pairs to the NVR. When it's done, the 'NVR' LED stays on. (this is the basic step needed no matter what your system version is)
Step 2 for G3 xmartO camera systems (NVR version 3.0.7+, camera version 3.2+)
Place it for Auto WiFi Relay - if your system is G3 (NVR version 3.0.7+, camera version 3.2+), you simply bring this repeater and plug it somewhere in the route NVR to cameras. Within seconds it connects to NVR with 'NVR' LED stays on; within dozens of minutes it detects connection status of close-by cameras; then connects to weak-signal cameras and relay back to the NVR. If cameras have acceptable connections to the NVR itself, it will not change the connection status.
Step 2 for G2 xmartO camera systems (NVR version 2.8 or earlier)
Manual WiFi relay setting: if camera A has intermittent connection to NVR, plug the repeater to somewhere in the route from NVR to camera A, then go to Camera Manage - WiFi Relay, add camera A behind repeater. When you do this setting, the camera A needs good connection to NVR so it receives commands from the NVR. That means, if camera A was having poor connection to the NVR, you better to take it down to complete settings and then mount back.
- The Auto WiFi Relay is a dynamic scanning and changing feature. Sometimes it may take half an hour for them to build the connections. Please wait patiently. Before mounting your cameras, plug them to where you plan to mount them, let them on and work for hours to see if they work continuously.